Apply for an Institute Fellowship
Faculty Fellowship for 2024-2025
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MON., JANUARY 22, 2024
*With two external (non-Northwestern) reference letters due no later than 1/24/24
Online Application Instructions
- Faculty Fellowship application instructions will be added to this page in October 2023.
- The list of application materials to be requested is below.
Letters of Reference
- You will list two external referees (outside of Northwestern), along with their email addresses. After you submit your complete online application, your references will be emailed instructions for uploading a letter of recommendation.
Important: To give your recommenders advance notice to prepare their letters, please note that Letters of Reference are due no later than two days after the application submission date.
- Cover letter that specifies whether you seek a full-year fellowship or a teaching reduction and that lists other fellowships for which you will be applying (along with approximate dates for when the awards will be announced).
- Research Statement: One-paragraph abstract of your research project.
- Research Proposal: A five-page double-spaced (maximum) description of your project, which will be considered by scholars from a range of humanities disciplines (proposal should be written with non-specialists in mind).
- Curriculum vitae of no more than four pages.
- Approval of your Department Chair (and Dean, when applicable) will be required, and can be forwarded from your email correspondence signaling the approval, or emailed directly, to Tom Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Tom Burke at email@example.com.
Fellowship award decisions will be made in March 2024.