Humanities Plunge Application
11:59 PM on Monday, January 27, 2020
- Please prepare PDF files in advance of proceeding to the Online Application Portal. All required fields must be filled in before you click on the "Submit Application" button. The system will not accept incomplete applications, and partial applications cannot be saved and resumed at a later time.
- In the application portal, please complete the Official Contact Information and Academic Information sections. For Highest Degree Granting Institution, please put "Northwestern University." For Highest Degree Type, please select "Other."
- Application Documents Section: Please upload the following application documents (PDFs) in the application portal. No document may exceed 1M in size. File names should not contain parentheses, quotation marks, or other such characters.
Your cover letter must include your name, school, year in school, major/minor, phone, email, mailing address, and the names of two (2) Northwestern faculty members we may contact as a reference. Also, if you are a current or former Kaplan Scholar, please also indicate that in your cover sheet.
Brief Personal Statement
This document should contain both your Statement of Commitment and your Statement of Interest
- Statement of Commitment (1-2 sentences): This is a short statement confirming your commitment to attend all events and programming for the week of the Humanities Plunge.
- Statement of Interest (no more than one page):
- Please tell us why you are a good candidate for the Humanities Plunge? What do you hope to gain from the experience?
- Please also contextualize your transcripts and explain how your course selection attests to your interest in the humanities, or, explain how your major has prevented you from taking the humanities courses you would like to pursue.
Use this field to submit your unofficial transcripts.
Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
CV/Resume should be short: 1-2 pages.
Please contact Tom Burke at (847) 491-7946 or email@example.comBack to top