Application - HWW Career Diversity WorkshopCall for Applications
2023 Humanities Without Walls
Career Diversity Summer Workshop
Application deadline: November 1, 2022
Eligible doctoral students must be nominated for this workshop by their home institution, and only one nomination may be made to Humanities Without Walls (HWW) by each university. Thus, one candidate will be chosen from the Northwestern applicants and nominated to HWW.
Full workshop details are on the HWW website:
- A narrative (1,000 words maximum; 12pt, single spaced) addressing the following questions. Note: since your application will be evaluated based on your responses to these questions, please be sure to answer ALL questions:
- What are your career interests or your intended career trajectory? How have your background and experiences impacted your choices?
- How will this workshop help you achieve your goals? What knowledge and skills are you hoping to learn?
- What will you bring to the workshop community? What relevant experiences (personal and professional) will help you to contribute to the workshop cohort?
- How will you share what you learn at the workshop with colleagues, your department, campus, and beyond? What impact will it have on your community, field, or discipline?
- How do you plan to incorporate a social justice lens into your daily work in your future career?
- What opportunities (if any) have you had at your campus (or beyond) to explore diverse career opportunities?
- Resume or CV (two pages maximum) that includes relevant professional experiences (including, for example, volunteering, part-time employment, etc.)
- Two confidential letters of recommendation. One letter should be from a faculty member who is familiar with you and your work. The other letter can be from a community partner, colleague, or staff member who is familiar with you and your work.
Note: All application documents—including letters of recommendation—must be submitted as PDFs.
In the portal:
- Complete all "Official Contact Information" and "Academic Information" fields
- For "Major Field," fill in your Northwestern department
- Narrative: Upload your narrative in the "Brief Personal Statement" field
- Resume or CV: Upload your resume or CV in the "Curriculum Vitae" field
- Recommendation Letters: Please submit contact information for two (2) letters of support. Once your application has been submitted, the online application system will email your recommenders directly with instructions on how to upload their letters of recommendation. Recommenders are given two additional days to submit their letter.
Application deadline: November 1, 2022 (11:59pm)
One candidate will be chosen from the Northwestern applicants and nominated to Humanities Without Walls. Fellowship awards will be made in January 2023.
Questions? Please email Tom Burke, email@example.com.Back to top