The 2021-2022 Dialogue: CARE
September 22, 2021
The Kaplan Humanities Institute invites departments and programs to partner with us in our year-long series of conversations around the theme of CARE. The goal of the series is to build a multi-layered dialogue showcasing ways that different humanities- and art-related approaches shape the debate around this timely subject:
- How can focusing on care help us manage the turbulence of climate change, a pandemic, and social discord?
- What new forms of care are emerging? How has care been understood in the past?
- Who and what is deemed worthy—or not worthy—of care?
- How and when is carework carried out, and for whom?
Kaplan will convene a keynote dialogue, and we encourage Northwestern units to join us in these ways:
- Event co-sponsorship - We will offer co-sponsorships for scholars, artists, and public intellectuals from a variety of disciplines who will provide different perspectives on CARE from any era, approach, or region.
- Related curriculum - We will advertise courses that relate to our theme so that students can join our collective brainstorming.
- Course enhancement grants - We will provide funds for enriching related courses.